Monday, September 30, 2013

Inspired by today

I love Fall mornings like this. The air is cool and crisp. The leaves are starting to turn orange, red, and yellow. There is a light misty fog causing the world to have an orange tinted glow. 

Fall is my favorite season, hands down. The gorgeous fall-color explosions everywhere, including a lush blanket gracing the ground, the apple laden scent in the air, the cornstalks and pumpkins decorating houses and stores alike, and the promise of all the best holidays so close by. 

Promise. Fall is full of promise. The reminiscence of new school years, the start of something new, the excitement of dressing up for Halloween, and soon to follow the good family times and yummy food at Thanksgiving. 

All beautifully segueing into winter and the breathtaking quiet beauty of snow and the most magical of all holidays, Christmas. Red, green, and blue lights twinkling on trees and houses. 

And the best of all, after a new snowfall when the world is under a blanket of white and you spot the red and green glow of twinkling Christmas lights on bushes beneath the fresh powdery layer of snow. Love that! 

For me this time of year is magic. From September through the New Year, it is one beautiful season and holiday after another. Four months of total bliss. 

I intend to savor every moment this year. I will look up from my computer more and look outside. I will put on layers of warm clothing, go for short walks around my neighborhood and whisper prayers of gratitude for the beauty surrounding me. 

I would love to know, what is your favorite thing about this time of year? Please share in the comments below. 

xo ~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment